Common ear conditions
Ears are complex organs that may be generally ignored, until something goes wrong – which might include problems with hearing, pain or balance. This module will help pharmacy assistants to give sound advice on how customers can care for their ears.
After studying this module, assistants will:
- Be able to identify key parts of the ear
- Understand what conditions can affect the ear(s)
- Be familiar with some of the commonly used products and be able to recommend their use
- Be able to discuss with customers how to use ear drops
- Know when to refer to the pharmacist.