In Sponsored education
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Understand how fungal nail infections develop
- Recognise mild fungal nail infections
- Explain how to use Curanail (amorolfine 5% w/v) and how it works
- Manage customers' expectations about how long treatment can take to work
- Know when to refer customers to their GP
Fungal nail infections, or onychomycosis, are common. They are not usually serious, but they can make nails look unsightly, causing embarrassment to those affected. Some customers may avoid doing certain activities as they don't want to show their feet.
If left untreated, fungal nail infections can spread to other nails, and even to other people. It can take a long time to treat and resolve fungal nail infections so it is important to manage customer expectations to avoid customers not persevering with treatment.