Key points reminder for Pharmacy Collect customers
Community pharmacies in England offering the Pharmacy Collect Covid-19 lateral flow device distribution service are being reminded that they must ensure that people collecting test kits understand a range of key points.
This information must be given to a person when they collect test kits for the first time. “It is critical that pharmacy teams remind people of the importance of reporting their results, whether positive or negative,” said PSNC.
The key points include:
- The tests are for helping identify people who are positive for Covid-19 but do not have symptoms.
- A negative result does not guarantee someone doesn’t have Covid-19, so it is important to continue following Government guidelines and restrictions.
- It is important that users report their results, whether positive or negative. This helps the NHS identify areas where asymptomatic cases of Covid-19 are rising.
- When reporting their result, the user will be provided with information on the next steps they need to take.
- The user should make a note of the lot number of the test kit used, in case they need to report any problems.
Record my learning outcomes
Inspiring stories related to health, fitness and the pursuit of wellbeing
More like this
New antibody study will inform Govt lockdown strategy
A new Government-funded study is using Covid-19 antibody testing to determine how widespread coronavirus is in the community in Britain.
1 Min Article
NHS to train community pharmacists in mental health drive
The Government has announced plans to train and recruit 50 community-based mental health pharmacists in England as part of the new NHS People Plan.
1 Min Article
OTC Omeprazole tablets 20mg: an opportunity for pharmacy
This module highlights a new opportunity to treat heartburn and reflux in the pharmacy with Omeprazole 20mg, which is newly available for customers to purchase OTC.
10 Min Module
Managing hay fever: help meet your customers' needs
This module will improve your hay fever knowledge, helping you to understand its impact on sufferers and recommend the right products to ease symptoms
15 Min Module