Whenever you talk to any customer, remember WWHAM:
Who is the medicine for?
What are the symptoms?
How long have the symptoms been present?
What Action has already been taken?
Are they taking any other Medication for this or any other reason?
You don’t have to ask these questions in order, and a customer might give you some of this information without you asking. As long as you get them into the conversation, you should be able to find out the information you need in order to make a recommendation.
The golden rule to remember is: if in doubt, refer to your pharmacist. Don’t be embarrassed to ask for their advice as they have a lot of information about products and symptoms to hand that you may not be aware of.
• Eat small, regular meals every four to five hours
• Don’t skip meals
• Avoid large meals and rich/ fatty foods late at night
• Eat slowly, chewing food properly
• Drink sufficient fluids
• Ensure adequate daily fibre intake and reduce the amount of fat in the diet
• Limit intake of caffeinated, fizzy and alcoholic drinks
• Quit smoking
• Take regular exercise
• Manage stress
• Take a probiotic (example: Biokult). Probiotics contain live bacteria that complement the existing gut flora naturally present in a healthy person’s digestive system.