The Recognition of Excellence (RoE) Awards are back!
We are once again delighted to welcome our finalists, judges, sponsors and honoured guests to celebrate the wonderful work of pharmacy support staff across the UK. This time, the event is taking place in the House of Lords, set against a beautiful backdrop of the River Thames, right in the heart of central London.
For 2023, we received a record number of individual nominations alone with over 115 inspiring nominees from all four corners of the UK. As you’ll see in our July issue, which will highlight the work of our finalists, the standard of entries and nominations was extraordinary, a real challenge to judge for our esteemed panel!
You’ll have to wait until 30 June to find out who took home the top prizes, but for now read on for our categories and finalists, what our judges had to say and more about our inspiring guest speaker, Anthony Bennett.
Health Equality Award
This award is designed to recognise an individual who has identified and tackled health inequalities for their patients and communities. This could include race, socioeconomics, age, sexuality and gender. Whether it be helping to bridge the gap between racial and ethnic minority groups and the wider community, finding solutions for those from poorer socioeconomic backgrounds, or supporting members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Angela Kaur – Boots UK, Queens Square, West Bromwich
- Sandy Tsang – Kellaway Pharmacy, Bristol
- Viraj Ray – Ashworths Chemist, Ashford, Kent
To reward a promising individual who has started their pharmacy career in the last two years and is excelling in all aspects of their role, embracing training, grabbing opportunities and generally making an impact on their pharmacy and community.
- Cameron Steele – Day Lewis Pharmacy Soutborough, Tunbridge Wells
- Daniel Berry – Boots UK, St Columb Major Union Square, Cornwall
- Helen Tromans – Swinford Alphega Pharmacy, Stourbridge
Team Leader Award
To reward a senior support team member who has stepped up and is managing all or part of the pharmacy and successfully leading a team.
- Denise Woodmansey – Right Medicine Pharmacy, High Street, Haddington
- Eleanor Collins – Everetts Pharmacy, Park Gate, Hampshire
- Stacey Lewry – Boots UK, Market Place, Ross-on-Wye
NEW Innovation Award